Saturday, January 21, 2012

Amazon go away. Maternity Deals are here to stay!


So, I just learned that Amazon reduced their savings on baby necessities like wipes and diapers, while also cutting back the one year free shipping in the Amazon Mom program. Unless you pay $79 for amazon prime then you get the free shipping, but still limited discounts. I understand a business needs to raise prices or cut back on the savings to make a profit, but last I checked Amazon was far from hurting money wise. With something like this, they should have gradually implemented it or given prior notice to current customers, but they didn’t. They stated this in an email that it will take effect on January 24th, 2012, but when customers try to use the discount before it expires they realize it has already been put into action.
As a new mom who has taken advantage of the good mom deals at Amazon I was very disappointed that they chose to do this. In the economy that we are in, people need all the help they can get. A giant of a company like Amazon can easily afford not to take such drastic measures or, at least, cut back over a period of time. I might as well use CVS or Walgreens to buy the baby products, because I would get the same price there as Amazon now. For this reason I have decided to boycott Amazon. They will not be featured on this blog. I know I normally don’t get opinionated with R. Maternity, but it does relate to what I am doing - try to find the best deal out there. I hope I haven’t offended anyone with my stance, it is not my intent to do so. I just want companies to learn that customers do matter and they should listen to them, not just the bottom line. With that said, here are the deals today:

TOP:
The Maternity V-Neck Knotted Top by Maternity America is simple with a little pop. The twist detail in the front makes it stand out. At only $28, down from $79.50, when you enter the code shopsale at checkout it’s worth it. Here’s the link:
http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Maternity/Maternity-Tops/Maternity-V-Neck-Knotted-Top-by-Maternal-America/188267?colorExplode=false&skuId=10255377&catid=catl000043&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=9566

BOTTOM:
You want cool jeans that will make any pregnant woman look hot, then check out 1969 nude full panel always skinny jeans at the Gap. These pants are great for a day out with the girls! At only $44.99, down from $79.95, what more could you ask for. Here’s the link:
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=65308&vid=1&pid=871404&scid=871404002

DRESS:
This Faux Wrap Maternity & Nursing Dress by Maternity America is the perfect before and after pregnancy dress. It looks great while keeping you comfortable. Trust me, after you give birth it’s all about the comfort! At only $64, down from $128, it’s worth checking out. Here’s the link:
http://www.duematernity.com/fawrnuandmad.html

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...